"Listen to Us"

My Entertainers

  • Agency Faqs
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Da Vinci Code
  • Hell Boy II
  • Ms Congeniality
  • Speed

Saturday, October 18, 2008

In Retrospect


Animals....any kind is fine with me. Big, small, tiny, petite, huge, ferocious...any size, colour, smell...love to be amongst all. Do something for them... when I can was all that I used to say. So Mommy dear decides to register my name into Heads & Tails, but then after that i didnt know what to do. So there I was, lost again and muttering, when I earn, ill do something for them, treat them well, spread awareness, talk to people about them and blah blah blah...all rhetoric !

Then 2007 October happens and internship in a an NGO is resounding in the air in SIMC. I didnt want to leave this opportunity and looked into all the high funda wildlife sites, made up my mind to live anywhere and work for them, involve myself entirely into their activities. It wasnt long before I realised that they were far too many people who had contacted them in the same terms and where just shammers. Politicians in the making, so to say.

Then after a lot of pondering, realized that the not so popular NGO's could be considered. Thats where I came across Krupa. I was thrilled, they work with animals of all kinds and the best part was they were ever soo pleased to take people to help them in communications which they lacked in plenty.

I was more than thrilled, very grateful to SIMC (my college) to having given this opportunity of working for animals. Krupa-founder -Mrs Poornima Harish was apologetic of not being able to reimburse me or give me any kind of monetary assistance. I let my heart out, saying it wasnt an issue at all and to just let me work for them. I was beaming, atlast my wishes were coming true. i made huge plans!!

It wasnt until I went there and saw the situation of the NGO did I realise that it wasnt that easy a task to do communication for an NGO! I was in a fix...

After a visit to their shelter and a lot of heartrending I realised the only way was the emotional way to attract people. Get them to do something more than being a armchair person.
There I was, in the shelter, looking at the caged dogs and feeling at most pity for them. I hope I did make a difference to them by sweet talking to them, cooing them around, making them pose for the photos, for which they actually looked like they were waiting for the CLICK sound.
It was very nice atleast just being their for them for a while. The abandoned pet dogs were the worse off, who had had all the comforts in life and now, were left to, literally the dogs.

Making a movie for them, visiting them once in two days made me feel soo much better and yes, I finally got an opportunity to do all that, Thank You PG :)

No comments:

Welcome to Uthopia

Think crazy, be crazy.....be yourself everywhere! No use putting up an act in this pretentious world, you'll lose yourself amidst the foolers. Aways remember...never crib about what you are, there's always somebody whose hoping they could be you!!